Thursday, June 19, 2014

First Post!

Hello!

I've created this blog to document my experiences as a teenage stage actor. I'll start with a bit of background of my acting "career".

I started when I lived in Florida, with a program called Odyssey of the Mind, where students write and perform their own plays, based around some theme. I never got into the competitive age bracket of this program, since my family had to move to the New York City area.

Then, in the spring of 2013, I joined the cast of a production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, (dubbed "Down the Chocolate River and Beyond"), directed by my friend. I, however, never acted in this; I was a Stage Hand and Prop Master. This really got me started in theater.

Then, in the fall of 2013 I was invited to be a part of a production of a musical called Yeast Nation (by Greg Kotis). I played a chorus member, and I had a blast!

Then, in the spring of 2014, I was in a play written and directed by the same friend who had directed Down the Chocolate River and Beyond, called Expresso, where I played the employee of a chain coffee place called "Sckubrats". I was also Stage Manager of this production.

Now, the Summer of 2014, I'm creating this blog to document the future productions I'm in, starting with the one that I'm currently in. You may have heard of it. It called Les Miserables.

So, for the next few weeks, I'll be documenting the progress and process of these rehearsals.

I hope you enjoy!

(One more note: If you enjoy movie reviews, check out my other blog: criticteen.blogspot.com!)

No comments:

Post a Comment